The MGMC Auxiliary raises
funds to benefit all campuses of MaineGeneral Medical Center.
Our goal is to promote the well-being of all patients and
families in central Maine communities. MGMC's Auxiliary has
raised and donated more than $1 million to support the medical
center's efforts in caring for patients and family members.
The Auxiliary on average contributes up to $75,000 annually to
support the purchase of state-of-the-art equipment and services,
- Laser equipment for the Urology Department
- Televisions for patient rooms
- Wash stations for handling hazardous materials
- A balloon pump for the Cardiac Catheterization Lab
- Wrist monitors for sleep studies in Respiratory Care
- A $60,000 contribution to the Harold Alfond Center for Cancer
- A $175,000 donation to the Alfond Center for Health
- An expansion and remodeling of the gift shop
- $20,000 annually in scholarships for adults interested in
pursuing careers in health care
- Bariatric chairs, stretchers and mattresses
- Surgical scopes and spine drills
Membership is open to men and women who want to further MGMC's
mission of enhancing, every day, the health of the people in the
greater Kennebec Valley.
Our members enjoy being together and doing their part to help
MaineGeneral make a difference in people's lives. Auxiliary
members find their involvement very rewarding.
Come join us. New members are always welcome!
»Download/print a membership
For more information, please contact MGMC Lead Volunteer
Coordinator David King at (207) 626-1243 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
For information about the health care scholarships supported by
the Auxiliary, please contact:
MaineGeneral Health Office of Philanthropy
Hathaway Creative Center
10 Water Street, Suite 309
P.O. Box 828
Waterville, Maine 04903
Phone: (207) 861-8676
Fax: (207) 861-8679