It's helpful to have questions written down before you see your doctor - and make sure to take notes on the answers. Here are some questions you can ask about your medications:
- What is the name of the medicine and how do you spell it?
- What is the medicine for?
- How much medicine should I take?
- Is there a lower cost medicine that I can take?
- When and how should I take the medicine?
- What should I do if I forget to take the medicine?
- What should I do if I accidently take more than the prescribed dose?
- Are there side effects I should know about? When should I call the doctor about a side effect?
- Does this drug interact with any other medicines I am taking?
- Can I take over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, supplements, and herbal with this medicine? What about alcohol?
- Do you have written instructions for me?
For more information on MEDSmart or to request free materials, contact:
||Kelsey Cler |
MaineGeneral Medical Center Prevention Center
30 Chase Avenue
Phone: (207) 861-5273