Whether you are spending the night or coming in for same day surgery, please bring only essentials with you to the hospital.
For overnight stays, please bring:
- Sleepwear if you would rather not use the hospital gown and slippers provided to you during your stay.
Avoid long gowns and night clothes with snaps and pack sturdy non-skid slippers. You may also wish to bring your own bathrobe.
- Comfortable clothes to wear home
- Personal toiletry items such as toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, comb or brush, deodorant and razor
- A list of all medications you take (including prescription medications, over-the-counter drugs and herbal remedies), including the dose, time/s of day you take it and reason for medication
- Details of illnesses, surgeries and allergies to medicines, foods or the environment
- Your health insurance or health plan card
- A list of the names and telephone numbers of family or friends to call if needed
- Your driver's license if you need to use notary services
Please label your personal items with a permanent marker to prevent loss and help us identify missing items.
What Not To Pack
- Cash (except a few dollars if you wish to purchase items from our Gift Shop while you are here)
- Credit cards
- Electric shaver
- Hair dryer
- Curling iron
- Your own medication unless requested by hospital personnel and/or your doctor.
Battery-operated personal items may be used during your hospital stay. If you bring valuables, ask a nurse to arrange storage for them in the hospital safe.