MaineGeneral Medical Center offers advanced surgical care, right here in the Kennebec Valley. Our team of highly trained surgeons brings a wealth of reassuring experience to patients with a wide range of surgical needs.
Our goal is to advance care at all levels to make sure you received the highest quality compaassionate care from a family of caregivers you can trust.
We offer a full range of surgical services at the Alfond Center for Health in Augusta, and day surgery at the Thayer Center for Health in Waterville.
Commitment to Technology in Surgery
MaineGeneral is one of only three medical centers in Maine offering the advanced da Vinci robotic system and the only one offering thoracic robotic surgery.
Robotic surgery is a form of minimally invasive surgery that offers improved visualization of the tissues and better dexterity of the instruments.
Its benefits include:
- Less blood loss and tissue damage
- Significantly less pain after surgery
- Less time spent in the hospital
- A quicker return to work and daily activities
Our multispecialty robotic surgery includes:
- Hysterectomies. We offer a range of minimally invasive hysterectomies, including laparoscopic, vaginal and laparoscopic-assisted vaginal.
- Thoracic surgery. We offer robotic and minimally invasive alternatives to open surgeries, including lung and esophageal procedures as well as mediastinal procedures.
- Urologic surgery. We perform robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy and kidney surgery for masses, including nephrectomy and partial nephrectomy.
Our Surgical Services
» Review our Quality Information related to surgical infections
These are some helpful websites suggested by our medical staff
MedLine Plus Surgery Related topics
Link for State of Maine Employees
Varcose Vein information and treatment options
Information about Bariatric (weight-loss) procedures
Information about minimally invasive robotic surgery