You make most of your family's health care decisions – but do you take time for your health? We care about you. The first step to feeling better and younger is knowing your health.
At MaineGeneral, you have access to highly qualified health care experts here to serve you with the breadth and depth of services for every stage of your life.
- Birth control counseling
- Menstruation guidance
- School & sports physicals
- Sports medicine
- Breast MRI
- Comprehensive breast care program with dedicated nurse navigators
- Digital mammography at 5 convenient locations
- MaineGeneral Prevention & Healthy Living
- Baby Friendly® certified
- Breastfeeding support & certified lactation consultants
- Childbirth & parenting classes
- CenteringPregnancy® program
- High- and low-risk obstetrical, neonatal & pediatric care
- Intensive care nursery & pediatric hospitalists
- Midwifery services
- Vaginal births after caesarean
Midlife & Menopause Services
Specialty Care Services
- Cancer prevention, detection & treatment
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Bladder problems
- Bladder problems
- Screenings & services for heart health
At MaineGeneral, we encourage you to answer 10 questions to know your health:
- Do you get 7-8 hours of sleep a night?
- Do you eat 5 or more servings of fruits and vegetables daily?
- Do you get at least 30 minutes of physical activity daily?
- Are you happy with your appearance?
- Do you have close friends who you can confide in?
- Do you find "me time" to relax or do something you enjoy?
- Are you getting annual physicals?
- Do you know your total cholesterol?
- Does your health care provider listen to and support you?
- Do you know your family health history?
A Shop Just for You!
Beyond the wealth of medical services MaineGeneral provides women, we have a gift shop designed and stocked with you in mind.
Located on the first floor of the Alfond Center for Health, Renew! A Shop for Women offers plenty of beautiful and unique gifts to choose from - whether you're looking for something special for yourself or for a friend or loved one.