Women, Infants & Children (WIC) Program

MaineGeneral WIC shares your vision of a Maine where every child is healthy and never hungry.

We offer healthy foods as well as nutrition education, breastfeeding support, tips for staying healthy, recipes and resources and referral to other health care resources. We serve:

  • Women who are pregnant or are new mothers; and
  • Infants and children up to age five, including foster children.

Our main offices are located in Augusta, Waterville and Skowhegan. We also have several outreach clinics, as listed below.


There is no charge for WIC services and both working and non-working families may be eligible. Many people qualify:

  • You can have a job.
  • You can be single or married.
  • You can be living with your parents.
  • You can be unemployed.
  • You can be a student.
  • You can be a father with a child under the age of five.
  • You can be a foster parent with a child under the age of five.

Qualifying women, children under age 5 and foster children under age 5 who receive Medicaid (MaineCare), food stamps or TANF are automatically eligible for WIC regardless of household income.

MaineGeneral WIC receives funding from the U.S. Department of Agriculture and United Way of Kennebec Valley. Eligibility guidelines can be found on the Maine WIC Program website.

Outreach Clinics

Appointments at our outreach clinics (below) must be made through our main sites. Walk-ins are welcome.

  • Gardiner Head Start, 1 Plummer Street, Gardiner, ME 04345
  • Winthrop Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine, 16 Commerce Plaza, Suite 2A, Winthrop, ME 04364
  • Madison Area Health Center, 8 South Main Street, Madison, ME 04950
  • First Congregational Church, 132 Somerset Avenue, Pittsfield, ME 04967

Contact Us

Augusta: (207) 626-6350

Skowhegan: (207) 861-3593

Waterville: (207) 861-3580