MaineGeneral Primary eCare
Need a follow-up visit with your MaineGeneral Primary Care Practice? A telehealth visit may be right for you.
This service is starting for patients of Elmwood Primary Care in Waterville, with future practices added soon.
Check back here as additional practices will be offering the service soon.
Get the Care You Need with MaineGeneral Primary eCare
Focused on You
- Virtual visits are often shorter and more focused on your needs
- No mask required! Virtual visits all the doctor to see you clearly and for you to see them.
- Stay on track with your health goals and follow-up care.
- No need to travel to the practice for your visit
- Visits in private environment of your choice
- Access your appointment from your computer, tablet or mobile phone
How to access a telehealth visit
• Call your practice to see if your visit is eligible for a virtual visit
Practices offering Primary eCare
Elmwood Primary Care - Waterville - Phone: 207-877-3400
• Request or confirm appointment
• Create Username/Password
Note: Primary eCare is a separate service from MaineGeneral Virtual Health's eCare and requires its own username and password.
See detailed instructions to Register Your Account
Preparing for your visit
- Select the device you plan to use for your telehealth visit
- Click on the invitation link
- Log in with your username and password
- You may be asked to confirm your location - make sure to select "Maine"
- Select "appointments"
- Click on "test video." You should be able to see yourself in the camera and hear yourself.
See detailed instructions on Testing Your Equipment
Instructions for the time of your visit
- Enter your username and password
- Go to Appointments
- Locate the video visit and click "Begin Video Visit"
- If asked, allow access to your microphone and camera
- Wait for your care team to connect
- While connecting with your provider, if your screen freezes or you are interrupted, press your browser's refresh button
- Control the video visit. You will have several buttons located under the options menu:
- You can leave the visit by clicking the first icon on the left
- You can mute your microphone by clicking the microphone icon
- You can disable your camera by clicking the camera icon
- You will also have the option to flip your camera to the back camera by clicking on the far-right icon
See instructions for Joining Your Visit
You must have a computer or smartphone with a camera, microphone and speakers for video visits.
Most computers and phones purchased within the last two years should have great video performance.
See detailed System Requirements