Thayer Internal Medicine
At Thayer Internal Medicine, our goal is to create a healing partnership with you and your family where we provide the right care at the right time. Our board-certified internal medicine and family medicine practitioners provide comprehensive medical care in a friendly and caring environment.
Our mission is to work with you to improve your quality of life, either through treatment of illness or injury or through preventive care, with a keen focus on healthy lifestyle choices.
If you need urgent care and your medical staff person isn't available, we will suggest someone else for your visit. Usually we can schedule an urgent-care appointment the same day you call.
Patient-Centered Medical Home
We're your patient-centered medical home. We help you maintain a healthy lifestyle through teamwork and patient- and family-centered care.
You have access to the latest evidence-based (proven) knowledge and science to help you prevent illness and manage your health, with help from your chosen network of family and friends.
Our range of services includes:
- Adult medicine
- Geriatric and nursing home care
- Home visits
- Care management
- Behavioral health consultation and counseling
Find general information on appointments, test results, insurance and payment information, referrals and prescriptions here.
- Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Our phones are open for calls from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- If you need non-emergency care after hours on weekdays, please call our office at (207) 873-1098. Our answering service will contact the provider on call who will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Non-emergency care is available after hours, on weekends and on holidays at MaineGeneral Express Care.
At MaineGeneral, we believe you should have accurate information to help you choose a health care provider or medical practice based on the quality of care you can expect to receive.
Click the Patient Experience button below for information about our level of care based on medical practice survey responses from patients.