Virtual Tour of MaineGeneral's Maternity Unit
Our state of the art facility, combined with caring, skilled professionals who work with you to make sure you have as special a birthing experience as possible, sets MaineGeneral apart. We look forward to being your partner for your special delivery!
Why choose MaineGeneral?
- Onsite Ob/Gyn specialists: Convenient access to MaineGeneral Obstetrics & Gynecology and MaineGeneral Midwifery
- Pediatric specialists: MaineGeneral pediatric specialists treat children from birth through adolescence
- Personal, state-of-the-art obstetric care for routine pregnancies and high-risk conditions
- Specialized care: Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) staffed 24/7 by a team of pediatric hospitalists
- Support all along the way: Birthing and child care classes, breastfeeding support, Baby-Friendly Hospital designation, Cribs for Kids Certified Safe Sleep Champion
- Private labor rooms with whirlpool tubs and private postpartum rooms with showers
- Various types of labor support and comfort measures, including water therapy, birthing stools and birthing balls
- Overnight accommodations for spouses/partners
- Room service
- "Raising Readers" canvas tote bag filled with books to encourage reading right from the start
- Nursing staff available to answer your questions or address your concerns, 24/7, through our 24-Hour Warm Line
Have questions? Call us at (207) 248-5200.