When you have back pain, you want a diagnosis and treatment plan to get relief and be able to get back to the life you enjoy. We'll help you determine if surgery is the answer for you.
You'll find great care that recognizes your individual needs with the compassion you deserve at MaineGeneral's Spine Program.
If you do need surgery, we'll help you through every step of the process.
You'll have access to the resources you need before, during and after surgery to help you heal quickly.
You're the most important part of your care team. Ask us questions. At your first visit, please be ready to give us your complete medical history and any tests you've already had related to your symptoms.
Types of Spinal Procedures
You'll receive expert care at MaineGeneral's Spine Program.
Procedures we provide include:
- ALIF (anterior lumbar fusion)
- Anterior cervical discectomy/fusion (ACDF)
- Anteror cervical plating
- Cervical disc arthroplasty ("artificial disc")
- coflex® Interlaminar Stabilization (for lumbar stenosis)
- Halo application
- IDET (historical interest)
- Implantation of spinal cord stimulators
- Kyphoplasty/vertebroplasty (thoracic, lumbar)
- Laminectomy (cervical, thoracic, lumbo-sacral)
- Lumbar/cervical anterior corpectomy
- Lumbar discography
- Lumbar microdiscectomy/decompressions
- Minimally invasive lumbar discectomy
- Minimally invasive TLIF (interbody fusion)
- Percutaneous/open spinal biopsy
- Percutaneous pedicle screw placement (minimally invasive)
- Posterior cervical foramenotomy
- Posterior spinal instrumentations (cervical, thoracic, lumbar) (minimally invasive)
- Posterolateral fusions (cervical, thoracic, lumbar)
- Radiofrequency ablation of spinal tumors (OsteoCool and STAR systems)
- Spinal fracture surgery
Patient Education Resources
You have access to patient education materials when you meet with us. We also offer online the following resources that you may find helpful.
These resources include spine and neck conditions, as well as treatment options.
Articles written by our spine surgeon:
We're happy to answer any of your questions. Call us at (207) 621-8700 or (207) 873-8100.
Provider Education and Resources