Your Joint Replacement Team
You are the center of care at MaineGeneral's Joint Replacement Program. Our comprehensive team of medical professionals supports you in getting back to a lifestyle you enjoy.
You have access to dedicated medical and support staff, including:
- Expert surgical care;
- Post-surgical support;
- Rehabilitation; and
- Care management.
Your coach helps you throughout this journey. Your coach is a family member or friend who will accompany you to appointments and support you throughout your surgery and recovery.
Your MaineGeneral team includes:
- Board-certified orthopaedic surgeons;
- Orthopaedic medical assistants;
- An orthopaedic nurse coordinator to guide you and your family through the whole process, from preoperative sessions through recovery;
- Physical therapists to teach you how to get around safely after your surgery and increase your motion and strength;
- Occupational therapists to teach you safe ways to dress and perform everyday activities;
- Nurses with special training in caring for patients having joint replacement surgery; and
- Care managers (social workers and nurses) to help ensure you have the support and equipment you need when you return home.