Problems and pain in your hand can be complex to treat – but at MaineGeneral Orthopaedics, we have the expert, compassionate care to help.
Many bones, ligaments and muscles are needed for hand movement and dexterity. Our fellowship-trained hand surgeons have the expertise and advanced training to deal with these complex functions.
If you need reconstructive surgery of the hand, wrist or elbow or treatment of injuries such as broken bones and sports-related injuries of the hand and elbow, we're with you.
We also expertly treat chronic conditions like arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome.
Our surgeons offer you the most innovative surgical techniques and can help you determine which procedure is best for you.
What You Can Expect
We share your goal of restoring pain-free function. Your surgery may include a variety of structures in the arm, including nerves and blood vessels as well as bones, ligaments and tendons.
Treated conditions and procedures include:
- Arthritis of the hand, wrist and elbow
- Arthroscopy of the hand, wrist and elbow
- Carpal tunnel release
- Endoscopic carpal tunnel release
- Joint replacement of the hand, wrist and elbow
- Nerve and vascular reconstruction for the upper extremity
- Trauma and fractures of the hand, wrist and elbow