When it comes to your health, it's nice to have choices that are right for you at every stage of your life. That's why it's important for us to offer you midwifery services.
MaineGeneral Midwifery Services' certified nurse-midwives (CNMs) have advanced education in women's health care and midwifery. They are dedicated to understanding your unique physical, emotional and spiritual needs — at all stages of life.
We take the time to really get to know you and share who we are so you feel comfortable talking to us.
We encourage you to be active in your health care and partner with you to make sure you receive personalized, high-quality care.
Our Medical Staff
When people think about certified nurse-midwives, they often think about childbirth. While our nurse-midwives do deliver babies, they also provide high-quality health care for women at all phases of their lives.
Our providers focus on health promotion, education and disease prevention. They also try to prevent problems and help you make informed decisions about your health care.
We are nationally certified and adhere to rigorous practice standards set by the American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM) and the state of Maine.
We care for you independently and collaborate with physicians as needed.
Services We Provide
MaineGeneral Midwifery Services provides a wide array of care, including:
- Annual physicals
- Cancer screening and mammography
- Childbirth education and preparation
- Complete gynecologic care
- Family planning and contraception, including nexplanon, IUD and birth control pills
- Group obstetrical care with our CenteringPregnancy® Program
- Heart disease and osteoporosis risk assessment and reduction
- Menopause management
- Treatment of pelvic pain
- PMS/PMDD management
- Preconception and infertility counseling
- Sexually transmitted infection screening and counseling
- Sexual pain and sexual health management
Our services are covered by insurance, Medicare and MaineCare.