When you need lab work, you want to be sure the phlebotomist is skilled, that your lab results are accurate and that you get them quickly.
At MaineGeneral, we strive to bring you the same level of service that we would expect as patients.
We conduct and analyze lab tests right here in our community, and we are very proud of our local connections.
We are affiliated with Mayo Laboratories where we send rare or unusual tests and consult with their experts if necessary.
Approach to Care and Services Provided
- Quick turnaround time, with most results available within hours.
- Results analyzed on site so they are easily accessible to physicians and other MaineGeneral medical staff.
- Onsite pathologists available for consultation with your physician, if needed.
- Certified phlebotomists with many years of combined experience who are trained to care for people of all ages.
- Pediatric rooms (Augusta and Waterville) to help ease children's fears.
- Competitive pricing and acceptance of all types of insurance.
Laboratory Locations & Hours
Alfond Center for Health (Augusta) & Thayer Center for Health (Waterville)
- Monday - Friday: 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 7 a.m. to noon.
- Sunday & MGMC-observed holidays: Closed
STAT services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
5 Central Maine Crossing, Gardiner
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: 8 a.m. to noon
Winthrop Commerce Center
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 7 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.; closed for lunch from 12 to 12:30 p.m.
- Closed on Wednesday
- Effective Monday, June 20, 2022, the lab will open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to noon. Please note the change in hours.