We know how hard it is to lose someone you love. MaineGeneral Hospice & Volunteers of Kennebec Valley is here to give you compassionate support.
You and your loved ones are welcome to use our grief support services, which are free of charge.
Call us at (207) 248-0427.
Watch A Time of Remembrance
Support Groups Available
- Adult Grief Support Groups meet throughout the year. Each group session offers information and handouts on grief and healing.
Preregistration is required to attend any group. Call 248-0427.
- General Loss Grief Support Group is offered in Augusta one night a week for six weeks. This group is offered throughout the year. It is for adults who have experienced the death of a loved one. This program offers participants the opportunity to explore feelings of grief and loss in a safe, supportive peer setting.
The next General Loss Grief Support Group starts Tuesday, Oct. 5, 2021 from 6 - 7:30 p.m.
Meetings are held via Skype. All groups are free of charge.
Pre-registration is required.
For more information and to register please call: 207 248 0427.
- Grief Support for those who lost loved ones in a care facility during the pandemic is a six-week group lets participants explore feelings of loss in a safe, supportive peer setting.
- Child Loss Group is a six-week group held as needed. This group welcomes those who have experienced the death of a child of any age.
- Survivors of Suicide Loss is an eight-week group held as needed. This group is for individuals who have experienced the death of a loved one by suicide.
- Grief after Death from Addiction is an eight-week group is offered to adults who have had a loved one die due to the misuse of drugs and/or alcohol.
- For Families
- Healing Hearts: a Family Grief Support Program is offered for families with children ages 3 to 17 who are grieving the death of a loved one. Children and teens meet in age-appropriate groups. A safe and nurturing space is provided as children explore feelings and share memories through art, play and storytelling. Adults meet together and receive support and education relating to their children’s grief.
Are you looking for a meaningful way to help people in your community? Volunteers are an important part of the hospice team.
Some of the opportunities available for hospice volunteers include:
Support for patients
Including visiting, taking walks, playing games and more.
Respite and support for family members
Volunteers allow caregivers the opportunity to run errands outside the home or simply have some time alone.
Bereavement support programs
Co-facilitate bereavement groups.
Volunteers say that supporting families as they are helping a loved one at the end of their life is very rewarding. Families are so appreciative of some respite. Patients are so welcoming of a new friendly face to visit and share stories with.
If you are interested in being a hospice volunteer, please call 207-248-0427.
Other Bereavement Resources
If you need grief support and live in:
Waterville area, please call Hospice Volunteers of the Waterville Area (HVWA) at (207) 873-3615 or visit their website for more information.
Skowhegan area, please call Hospice Volunteers of Somerset County (HVSC) at (207) 474-7775 or visit their website for more information.