We know how hard it is to lose someone you love. MaineGeneral Hospice & Volunteers of Kennebec Valley is here to give you compassionate support.
You and your loved ones are welcome to use our grief support services, which are free of charge.
Call us at (207) 248-0427.
Support Groups Available
- Adult Grief Support Groups meet throughout the year. Each group session offers information and handouts on grief and healing.
Preregistration is required to attend any group. Call 248-0427.
- General Loss Grief Support Group is offered in Augusta one night a week for six weeks. This group is offered throughout the year. Our next session at the Alfond Center for Health in Augusta will start on May 25, 2021 from 6 - 7:30 p.m.
- Grief Support for those who lost loved ones in a care facility during the pandemic is offered May 11 from 6 - 7:30 p.m. by Zoom. This six-week group lets participants explore feelings of loss in a safe, supportive peer setting.
- Child Loss Group is a six-week group held as needed. This group welcomes those who have experienced the death of a child of any age.
- Survivors of Suicide Loss is an eight-week group held as needed. This group is for individuals who have experienced the death of a loved one by suicide.
- Grief after Death from Addiction is an eight-week group is offered to adults who have had a loved one die due to the misuse of drugs and/or alcohol.
- For Families
- Healing Hearts: a Family Grief Support Program is offered for families with children ages 3 to 17 who are grieving the death of a loved one. Children and teens meet in age-appropriate groups. A safe and nurturing space is provided as children explore feelings and share memories through art, play and storytelling. Adults meet together and receive support and education relating to their children’s grief.
Are you looking for a meaningful volunteer opportunity where you truly make a difference?
MaineGeneral Hospice Volunteers of Kennebec Valley is seeking volunteers to provide practical, emotional and spiritual support to those living with a terminal illness, as well as support to their family members.
A training will be offered this spring.
This five-week training program prepares volunteers to be matched with a patient.
Pre-registration is required.
For more information or to register, please call Loretta McNeil at (207) 248-0427.
Other Bereavement Resources
If you need grief support and live in:
Waterville area, please call Hospice Volunteers of the Waterville Area (HVWA) at (207) 873-3615 or visit their website for more information.
Skowhegan area, please call Hospice Volunteers of Somerset County (HVSC) at (207) 474-7775 or visit their website for more information.