Heart & Vascular Care
You're looking for comprehensive cardiovascular care close to home with compassionate staff and the latest technology. We're here for you.
Our collaboration with MaineHealth Cardiology means you have the best available tools in the Kennebec Valley to diagnose your problem, heal, monitor and rehabilitate.
- EKG (electrocardiogram)
- Stress Testing
- Holter and Event Cardiac Monitoring
- Nuclear Medicine studies
- Diagnostic Cardiac Catheterization
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
We provide high-quality services at MaineGeneral under nationally recognized standards. MaineHealth Cardiology physicians are onsite at our Augusta and Waterville locations to ensure you always have the best care.
MaineGeneral's Vascular Laboratory helps diagnose problems you may have with the flow of blood through your veins and arteries.
Once we diagnose a problem, you can get your vascular interventional and surgical services here.
Vascular Lab Services
We use ultrasound and other non-invasive testing technology to:
- Detect problems with blood flow to the brain through the carotid arteries
- Diagnose blockages and other problems with blood flow to the arms and legs, including peripheral artery disease (PVD)
- Detect blood clots in veins or deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Diagnose abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Detect problems with blood flow to kidneys or liver
You have the confidence in knowing our lab is accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC). We follow an international set of standards for testing and deliver high-quality diagnostic testing using state-of-the-art equipment.
This voluntary accreditation, which we have received since 1994, recognizes our commitment to providing you with a high level of care and quality testing for the diagnosis of vascular disease.
All members of our technical staff have earned the Registered Vascular Technologist credential from the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.