Gastroenterology focuses on the function and disorders of the GI system, which includes the esophagus, stomach, pancreas, intestines and liver.
MaineGeneral Gastroenterology's medical staff works with you on digestive system problems using state-of-the-art procedures and equipment for evaluation and diagnosis.
They work closely with radiologists and skilled gastrointestinal surgeons to provide comprehensive care for patients with gastrointestinal diseases.
Find Your Colonoscopy Prep Info
Services We Provide
MaineGeneral Gastroenterology offers a full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services including:
- Colonoscopy and upper endoscopy, with expertise in advanced technologies such as esophageal manometry and impedence/Ph probe testing
- Capsule endoscopy
- Endoscopic ultrasound
- ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography)
- FibroScan of the liver
Our team includes physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners who work closely together to provide you with the best care possible.
Ninety percent of colon cancers are diagnosed in men and women age 50 and older. That's why having a colonoscopy is so important.
Your risk for colon cancer also increases if you:
- Have a parent or sibling with colon cancer, colon polyps or (possibly) other cancers
- Have ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease, both conditions of the large intestines
- Have a diet high in fat and red meat and low in fiber
- Have a sedentary lifestyle
Learn more about colonoscopy.
At MaineGeneral, we believe you should have accurate information to help you choose a health care provider or medical practice based on the quality of care you can expect to receive.
Click the Patient Experience buttons below for information about our level of care based on medical practice survey responses from patients.
Patient Experience - Augusta
Patient Experience - Waterville