We have some big news this year:
Our signature events of Cancer Survivors Day and the Walk for Hope are now combined! Both events are heart-filled and celebrate our cancer survivors and fighters. This year, we’ve united these inspirational events to create one big Day of Hope.
Due to COVID-19 our Day of Hope is taking place virtually this year on Oct. 3, but there are lots of ways for you to get involved — join us!
About our virtual Day of Hope
For all of the details or to donate, visit give.mainegeneral.org/hope.
The mission of this event is to:
- Celebrate our courageous cancer fighters and survivors and remember those we’ve lost;
- Educate our community about the cancer resources available through the HACCC;
- Encourage people to get out and walk in support of local cancer care; and
- Raise critical funds to support patient needs and programming at the HACCC.
Since our event is virtual this year, you are not limited to one singular day of celebration, and in fact, you can begin your Day of Hope journey today! Here’s what you can expect between now and Oct. 3.
- A celebration video. On Oct. 3, we will premiere an inspiring video celebration on our MaineGeneral Walk for Hope Facebook page. “Like” us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MaineGeneralWalkForHope/. The video will be made available on our website following the premiere.
- Educational videos. Our video library will be updated periodically.
- An artwork contest for the HACCC Calendar.
- A pinwheel garden at the HACCC. To purchase a pinwheel, visit give.mainegeneral.org/pinwheel.
- Walking. People in our community have already begun registering, creating teams and getting out to walk, and we want you to join them! Register to walk and share photos and videos with us of you out walking.
- Fundraising. Once you register to walk, a link will be sent to you to set up your own personal fundraising page.