Intensive Outpatient Services (IOP)
When you or a loved one need intensive outpatient services (IOP) for mental health or substance use disorder, MaineGeneral Medical Center's skilled, caring staff can help.
Our services for adults include group treatment, individual and family counseling, and referral for psychiatric services. We also offer specialized treatment for co-occurring substance use.
You'll have access to weekly outpatient DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy) groups. Issues addressed in groups promote healing and help you:
- Reduce fears, anxieties and depression;
- Manage anger, guilt and shame;
- Curb destructive impulses and behavior;
- Regulate emotions and tolerate distress;
- Express thoughts and feelings;
- Practice interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills;
- Deal with addictions while finding healthy alternatives;
- Build structure into your days;
- Set limits;
- Replace negative self-talk with positive affirmation;
- Explore personal values and beliefs; and
- Receive information about medication and its proper use.
Clients attend group therapy and education sessions four hours per day, four days per week, and typically are in the program for four to six weeks.
Our programs are ideal for people who have just been discharged from inpatient programs or, in some cases, are an alternative to inpatient treatment.
- 7 Spruce Street
Augusta, ME 04330
Phone: (207) 621-7216
Fax: (207) 624-4344
- 24 Chase Avenue
Waterville, ME 04901
Phone: (207) 872-4233
Fax: (207) 872-4085