Assertive Community Treatment (ACT)
When you need individual, intensive, integrated services for persistent mental illness, our Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) team is here for you.
Our multi-disciplinary staff is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We provide these services primarily in the community and not in an office setting. Our team uses assertive interventions, including street outreach, as appropriate. We average a minimum of three face-to-face contacts each week.
You'll be a partner with a team that includes registered nurses, a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP), alcohol and drug counselors, a clinical professional counselor and case managers.
ACT is a MaineGeneral Community Care program.
Services We Provide
ACT offers you the following services and support:
- An individual assessment and support plan
- A comprehensive crisis management plan and follow-up services, including emergency face-to-face contact, if needed, to ensure services are delivered and the crisis is resolved
- Support to help you integrate into the community
- Contacts with your parent, guardian, family members and providers of services or support, as appropriate, to ensure continued care and coordination of services in and between inpatient and community settings
- Individual, group and family outpatient therapy, supportive counseling or problem-solving activities to maintain and support your recovery and provide support to help you manage symptoms of illness and co-occurring substance use
- A linking of services and supports for you and changes to your individual plan as needed
- Medication services, including medication management and administration, which minimally includes:
- One face-to-face contact per month with PMHNP
- Capacity to administer daily medications in your home or community by a licensed or certified ACT team professional
- Employment assistance to help you get and maintain a job
- Housing assistance
- 9 Green Street, Suite 101, Augusta, ME
Phone: (207) 621-3700
Fax: (207) 621-3702
- 24 Chase Avenue, Waterville, ME
Phone: (207) 861-6251
Fax: (207) 861-6253
Client and Provider Resources