Areas of Interest
Dr. Sparling is a board-certified dermatologist and a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology who treats patients as a member of MDFMR Dermatology's staff. He offers state-of-the-art dermatological services including: biopsies of moles or growths; treatment of pre-cancerous lesions; removal of skin cancer and benign growths; skin patch testing; narrow band ultraviolet light therapy; cryosurgery and electrocautery; and steroid injections. Dr. Sparling also provides complete skin exams, skin care advice and treatment of skin infections. Before joining MDFMR Dermatology and MaineGeneral Medical Center's active staff in June 2017, he had worked for Franklin Health Dermatology in Farmington since 2009.
- Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH, Medical School
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC, Dermatology
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC
Dr. Sparling received his medical degree from Dartmouth Medical School in Hanover, NH and later completed a dermatology residency at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, DC. Following his residency, he served as the sole dermatologist at the Guthrie Ambulatory Health Clinic at Fort Drum, NY, where he provided surgical and medical dermatology services for the U.S. Army's 10th Mountain Division active duty personnel and their dependents.
- Western Maine Physicians Organization
- Maine Medical Association
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
- American Medical Association
- American Board of Dermatology