Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine and
Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
Areas of Interest
Josephine "Josie" Conte, DO, C-NMM/OMM, is a board-certified osteopathic manipulative medicine specialist who treats patients as part of the clinical team at the Maine Dartmouth Collaborative Care Center in Waterville.
- State University College at Brockport, Brockport, NY, Bachelor's
- Maine-Dartmouth Family Medicine Residency, Augusta, ME, Family Medicine
- Maine-Dartmouth Family Medicine Residency NMM/OMM Plus One Residency, Augusta, ME, Neuromuscular Manipulative Medicine/Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
- University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine, Biddeford, ME
In 2019, Dr. Conte became a certified Ayurvedic Yoga specialist through the Himalayan Institute in Lewiston, ME. She also completed 200 hours of yoga teacher training through Well Heart Yoga in Falmouth, ME in 2017 and a Laughter Yoga training program in Massachusetts in 2016.
Teaching or Professional Positions
- Faculty Member, Central Maine Medical Center Family Medicine Residency Program, Lewiston, ME; 2015-2020.
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Family Medicine, University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine, Biddeford, ME; 2016-2020.
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Academy of Osteopathy
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- Academy of Holistic and Integrative Medicine
- Maine Osteopathic Association
- American Osteopathic Board of Neuro Musculoskeletal Medicine
- American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians
- American Board of Physician Specialties, Integrative Medicine
- Diplomate, American Board of Family Medicine