Interventional Pain Management and
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Areas of Interest
Jerry Lin, DO, FAAPMR, is an interventional pain management and physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist who treats patients at MaineGeneral Physiatry in Augusta. He is certified by the American Board of Interventional Pain Physicians, the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and the American Board of Pain Medicine. Dr. Lin treats various musculoskeletal conditions, including: low back pain, radiculopathy, sciatica, pinched nerve, disc disease, sacroiliac joint pain, sacroiliitis, failed back surgery syndrome, lumbar postlaminectomy pain syndrome, neck pain, whiplash injuries, cervicogenic headache, cervical postlaminectomy pain syndrome, failed neck surgery syndrome, knee pain, shoulder pain, rotator cuff injuries, hip pain, elbow pain, tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, osteoarthritis, myofascial pain syndrome, peripheral neuropathy, and other soft tissue and joint injuries.
- Western University of Health Sciences Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific, Pomona, CA, Medical School
- NYU-Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine, New York, NY, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Doctors Hospital Medical Center of Montclair, Montclair, CA
Before joining MaineGeneral Medical Center’s active staff in 2016, Dr. Lin was an assistant clinical professor at New York Presbyterian Columbia and Cornell Rehabilitation Program and neurorehabilitation medical director of Goodwill Northern New England. He has presented at international and national conferences with the International Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Association of Academic Physiatrists. Additionally, he has written for the American College of Sports Medicine.
Dr. Lin uses diagnostic and therapeutic interventions to maximize health and well-being for his patients. Some of these include epidural injections, medial branch blocks, radiofrequency ablation, ultrasound-guided injections, trigger point injections, spinal cord stimulator trials for low-back pain, peripheral nerve stimulator treatments and NCS/EMG.
Teaching or Professional Positions
- Clinical Assistant Professor, University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine
- President, Maine Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- Editorial Board Member of Pain Medicine Case Reports
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- Maine Osteopathic Association
- Diplomate, American Board of Interventional Pain Physicians
- Diplomate, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Diplomate, American Board of Pain Medicine