Areas of Interest
Dr. Matranga is the owner and director of Health Psych Maine. He is a psychologist specializing in health psychology/behavioral medicine such as coping with and adjusting to chronic and catastrophic illness and making lifestyle changes to increase wellness. He also specializes in the treatment of anxiety disorders including worry/generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), panic disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), acute stress disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and social anxiety disorder. He has specialized training and extensive experience (more than 30 years) working with mind-body problems. Dr. Matranga is board-certified in clinical health psychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP) and is a fellow in and a former board member of the American Academy of Health Psychology. A member of MaineGeneral Medical Center's Professional Services Staff, he has practiced locally since 1988.
- University of Montana, Missoula, MT, Master's, Clinical Counseling
- University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS, Doctorate, Counseling Psychology
- University of Utah Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT, Behavioral Medicine
- Salt Lake City VA Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT
Fellow, American Academy of Clinical Health Psychology, Diplomate, American Board of Professional Psychology, American Psychological Association, Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies, Maine Psychological Association
- American Board of Professional Psychology, Clinical Health Psychology