Areas of Interest
Ian Patten, MD, MPH, is a fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon and sports medicine physician who treats patients as part of MaineGeneral Orthopaedics' medical staff. He joined the practice and MaineGeneral Medical Center's active staff in September 2021.
- University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH, Bachelor's, Molecular Biology
- Boston University, Boston, MA, Master's, Public Health
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic, Los Angeles, CA, Sports Medicine
- George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, DC
Dr. Patten is an Augusta native and a graduate of Cony High School. As part of his sports medicine fellowship at the Kerlan-Jobe Orthopedic Clinic in Los Angeles, CA, he worked as an assistant team physician for the Los Angeles Rams, Los Angeles Angels, Anaheim Ducks, Los Angeles Galaxy, Los Angeles Sparks and Los Angeles Football Club. During his orthopaedic surgery residency at The Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, MD, he also worked as assistant team physician for The Johns Hopkins University Men's Lacrosse Team from 2016 to 2020.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- International Cartilage Regeneration & Joint Preservation Society
Honors, Awards, etc.
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society