Areas of Interest
Gary Degen, DPM, CMPE, is a residency-trained, board-certified podiatric surgeon and certified medical practice executive with more than 20 years of clinical experience in medicine and surgery. He also is fellowship-trained in limb preservation and diabetes. He provides podiatry services, including care of diabetic foot problems, as part of MaineGeneral Orthopaedics in Augusta and Oakland. A member of MaineGeneral Medical Center's active since July 2017, he previously was a private consulting podiatric provider to federally qualified health centers, community health centers and Native American health centers in eastern Maine.
- New York College of Podiatric Medicine, New York, NY, Medical School
- American College of Medical Practice Executives, Englewood, CO, Certified Medical Practice Executive
- University of Louisville, Louisville, KY, Master's, Business Administration
- Temple East Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, Surgery
- Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, WA, Diabetic Research
American Podiatric Medical Association, Maine Podiatric Medical Association