Areas of Interest
Daniel Shubert, MD, is a fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon and sports medicine physician who treats all injuries of the shoulder and knee, and select elbow, foot and ankle conditions, as part of MaineGeneral Orthopaedics' medical staff. His particular clinical interests include ACL and other ligament reconstruction of the knee, UCL reconstruction of the elbow, total shoulder arthroplasty (shoulder replacement) and arthroscopic shoulder surgery. Dr. Shubert joined the practice and MaineGeneral Medical Center's active staff in September 2022.
- Tufts University, Boston, MA, Bachelor's, Economics
- Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA
- West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV, Orthopaedic Surgery
- University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia, MO, Sports Medicine
Dr. Shubert is a Bangor native and a Bangor High School alumnus. During his orthopaedic surgery residency, he provided care for the West Virginia University football and soccer teams, as well as help train U.S. Army Special Forces combat medics. During his sports medicine fellowship, he served as an assistant team physician for the University of Missouri football and soccer teams and as team physician for the Central Methodist University football program.
Dr. Shubert's father Jordan was one of Maine's first orthopaedic surgeons and practiced in Bangor for more than 40 years, and his sister Sarah also is an orthopaedic surgeon and practices in Portland. He is proud to be able to continue the family tradition of providing high-quality orthopaedic care to the people of Maine.
- AO Trauma
- AO Sports
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Board-eligible, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery