Areas of Interest
Ms. Gates is a physician assistant who treats patients as part of the medical team at MaineGeneral Gastroenterology, located at the Alfond Center for Health in Augusta. Among her clinical interests is the diagnosis and management of digestive and liver diseases including Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, celiac sprue, GERD, fatty liver disease, hepatitis C and cirrhosis. Ms. Gates is certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants. She has been practicing as a physician assistant in gastroenterology since 1999 and specifically at MaineGeneral Medical Center since 2007.
- University of Maine, Orono, ME, Bachelor's
- Tufts University, Boston, MA, Master's, Clinical Nutrition
- Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, CA, Master's, Physician Assistant Studies
- New England Medical Center, Frances Stern Nutrition Center, Boston, MA, Registered Dietitian
American Academy of Physician Assistants, Gastroenterology PA Group
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants, Physician Assistant