Areas of Interest
Alexandra Degenhardt, MD, MMSc is a neurologist and multiple sclerosis (MS) sub-specialist employed by MaineGeneral Neurology. Her clinical interests include MS, autoimmune diseases and general neurology. Her aim is to provide excellent individualized medical care for unusual conditions in collaboration with the medical team. A member of MaineGeneral Medical Center's active staff since June 2016, she previously practiced at Pen Bay Medical Center in Rockport, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and started a MS program in Brooklyn, NY.
- Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, Medical School
- MIT / Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, Master's, Medical Science - Clinical Investigator
- Norwalk Hospital, Norwalk, CT, Internal Medicine
- Harvard Medical School / Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, Neurology
- Harvard Medical School / Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, Clinical Research, Multiple Sclerosis
In addition to her educational degree programs, Dr. Degenhardt has completed neuroimmunology and multiple sclerosis (MS) research at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY (1997-1998), Beth Israel Deaconness Medical Center, Boston, MA (2003-2005) and Oxford University, Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford, UK (2005-2006).
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Neurology