Plastic Surgery and
Areas of Interest
Alexander Mayer, MD, is residency-trained in plastic and reconstructive surgery and fellowship-trained in aesthetic surgery. He provides plastic and reconstructive surgical services to patients at the Alfond Center for Health in Augusta and Thayer Center for Health in Waterville, including elective plastic surgery, cosmetic surgery, breast reconstruction, body contouring after weight loss and treatment of skin cancer. Dr. Mayer joined MaineGeneral Surgery's medical staff in August 2022 and has great interest in both patient education and improving access to plastic and reconstructive surgery in rural communities.
- Colby College, Waterville, ME, Bachelor's, Spanish
- Brown University Medical School, Providence, RI
- Virginia Commonwealth University Health System, Richmond, VA, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Partners in Plastic Surgery, Grand Rapids, MI, Aesthetic Surgery
- Board Eligible, American Board of Plastic Surgery