MGMC Art Committee
The MaineGeneral Medical Center (MGMC) Art Committee invites Maine artists interested in exhibiting at the Alfond Center for Health (ACH) in Augusta and Thayer Center for Health (TCH) in Waterville to submit proposals for exhibitions.
Available exhibition spaces are suitable for 2D visual art, including painting, drawing, hand-pulled prints or photography.
Ideally the work should be available for sale.
The sales commission rate is 20 percent and proceeds from sales help purchase art for permanent placement in offices and public spaces at MGMC. The committee may elect to purchase work from these exhibitions for this purpose.
About the Committee
The MGMC Art Committee was formed to coordinate the display of art in the hospital’s public areas for the enjoyment of patients, visitors and staff.
Committee members - all volunteers - solicit proposals from Maine artists who wish to exhibit their work. They evaluate applications, schedule exhibits and make arrangements to display the artwork in the ACH's and TCH's designated galleries.
Displayed artwork may be for sale at the committee’s discretion, with 20 percent of the sale price retained as commission. Commissions help purchase more works of art selected by the committee for the hospital’s permanent collection.
- Deborah Fahy
- Janet Favor
- Donald Hoxie
- Joyce Hoxie
- Linda Marvaso
- Linwood Riggs
- Gary Smith
- Ralph Staples
- Verna Staples
Call for Artists
Our committee is seeking artists who are interested in displaying their work at the ACH or TCH.
Submissions are accepted anytime. We review proposals quarterly on the last Tuesday in March, June, September and December.
Please submit your proposal by the first of the month to be considered at the respective quarterly meeting.
The committee also welcomes proposals from school art departments, from K-12 to college level, or from community art education programs.
Information and instructions for school exhibitions
Submitting a Proposal
Please read Exhibiting at MaineGeneral Medical Center: Requirements & Responsibilities before submitting a proposal by mail or email.
- Submitting by mail: Download, complete and return our exhibition proposal form
- Submitting by email: Email the following information and attachements to MGMCart.firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Copy and paste the Proposal Information Form content (below) in an email message and answer all questions. Do not send this information in an attached document.
- Attach 6 to 10 .jpg image files of representative artwork, sized at 1024 x 768 pixels for projection. Minimum of 72 DPI, no larger than 300 DPI; no thumbnails please. Please photograph the artwork with mat and frame as it is to be exhibited. Name your .jpg image files using the following format before attaching them: Artist’s Last Name_Title.jpg.
- Attach a list of the .jpg submissions, including artist, title, media, size and price.
- Subject line should read “Exhibition Proposal from [artist's name]“. If you must submit more than one e-mail due to email provider size limitations, subject line should read “Exhibition Proposal from (artist's name) e-mail #1″ etc.
Proposal Information Form
- Proposing Artist’s Name:
- Mailing Address:
- Zip Code:
- Other relevant links (Facebook, etc.):
- If you do not live in Maine, what is your connection to our state?
- What would be the ideal time for your exhibition, spring, summer, fall or winter?
- Briefly describe the intent and content of your proposed exhibition:
- I have read and understand the document Exhibiting at MaineGeneral Medical Center: Requirements & Responsibilities and agree to all terms therein. (Please type your full name here to confirm):
If you have questions or would like more information, please e-mail MGMCart.email@example.com.