Awards & Recognition
We're very proud of the care and service we provide to patients and families like you, and we think we do a great job.
But don't just take our word for it. Here are a few of the awards MaineGeneral has received recently:
- MaineGeneral Medical Center (MGMC) was recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®. This achievement shows our commitment to providing the right care, in the right way, at the right time – the right thing to do for our patients.
- In its annual rankings of the nation’s best hospitals, U.S. News & World Report ranks MGMC as the third-best hospital in Maine.
- MaineGeneral scored number one overall in the Anthem Quality Insight’s Incentive Program, which ranks quality and safety of patient care. This program is administered in Colorado, Connecticut, Maine and Wisconsin – and MaineGeneral came out on top!
Recognize Great Care or Service
MaineGeneral is proud of its many employees throughout the Kennebec Valley region who strive each day to provide exceptional, patient-centered care for you and your loved ones.
To us, "Excellence at Work" isn't a tagline for a brochure or website.
This phrase instead serves as a constant reminder of the type of care and service we aspire to provide to every patient, every time.
We adhere to the values and standards of RESPECT:
- Respect – showing compassion and respect
- Excellence – doing our best at work and striving to exceed expectations
- Safety – maintaining a safe and secure environment and speaking up for safety
- Professionalism – taking ownership of actions
- Empathy – showing caring and sensitivity for all
- Communication – welcoming everyone and listening to and then responding to needs of others
- Teamwork – working with others in a positive and supportive way
Have you or a loved one received great care or service?
If so, we want to hear from you! Share your experience with us and/or nominate our outstanding staff for an award:
- Excellence at Work: All employees and teams are eligible
- AWESOME: Recognizes medical staff
- DAISY: Recognizes nurses
- Lotus: Recognizes medical assistants
- Pink Rose: Recognizes certified nursing assistants (CNAs) and nursing unit assistants (NUAs)
To nominate a person (or team) for an award, either complete this online form and hit submit or print, complete and submit a nomination form.
Completed nominations can be put in one of the drop boxes at a MaineGeneral facility or mailed to:
Rewards and Recognition Committee
35 Medical Center Parkway
Augusta, ME 04330
There are other ways to show your appreciation for great care and service: