About MaineGeneral Health
MaineGeneral Health is a comprehensive non-profit system with the mission of enhancing, every day, the health of our patients, our families and our communities.
We do that through a range of health care services for people of all ages, in a variety of care settings. We focus on clinical excellence, patient and family experience and financial stability.
From birth through end of life, MaineGeneral is here for you and your family.
To enhance, every day, the health of our patients, our families and our communities.
To be the leading regional health care system in Maine, recognized for clinical excellence and service, high value, and impact on community health.
Services We Provide
- A medical center with two campuses: the Alfond Center for Health in Augusta, which provides inpatient and outpatient care, and the Thayer Center for Health in Waterville, which provides comprehensive outpatient care and a 24/7 Emergency Department
- State-of-the-art regional outpatient cancer treatment at the Harold Alfond Center for Cancer Care
- Physician practices
- Nursing homes
- Specialized rehabilitation, mental health and substance use disorder services
- Home health care and hospice services
- Special care for patients with memory loss
- Community outreach programs
- Retirement living options
We also keenly focus on preventive health and support many ongoing programs in our communities.
The more than 250 physicians on our active medical staff come from some of the country's finest medical schools and training programs. They provide an array of specialty services from anesthesiology to urology.
We serve patients from 88 cities and towns throughout the Kennebec Valley region, providing them with the broad spectrum of services they need for each phase of their lives.
Our Commitment to the Kennebec Valley
MaineGeneral Health is Kennebec Valley's largest private employer and we take our commitment to the region very seriously. Our goal is to positively impact the health of our community each day through our services and involvement.
Our Commitment to Professional Development
MaineGeneral is committed to the professional development of its medical staff and future generations of health care professionals.
- About 500 student learners of all types come through our system each year
- We encourage our medical staff to participate in continuing education opportunities. A regularly scheduled continuing education series is available for professionals who work in:
- Emergency medicine
- Family medicine
- Hospitalist services
- Sports medicine
- We have regular medical grand rounds, physician evaluation and management coding training, and tumor boards
An overwhelming majority of our medical staff are board certified and we’re proud that so many are deeply committed to continuing education and re-certification.