- We develop community service opportunities for people 55 and older who are willing to share their experiences and skills to better their community and themselves.
- We ensure assignments are consistent with the interests/abilities of volunteers and the needs of the community or organization served.
- We ensure volunteers receive needed orientation, training, individual support and supervision and recognition for their volunteer service.
- We provide mileage reimbursement to and from assignments, as well as supplemental accident/liability insurance if an accident occurs at the volunteer site or while traveling to/from it.
- We provide targeted volunteer recruitment.
- We hold an annual recognition event for volunteers and station supervisors.
- We collaborate with agencies in Kennebec, Somerset and Franklin counties to address community needs, the concerns of seniors and volunteer management.
To learn more about MaineGeneral RSVP, please call the RSVP Field Coordinator at (207) 861-3534 or toll-free (800) 427-1127.