Welcome to MaineGeneral Medical Center's PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Residency home page.
Our residency program provides pharmacists with the skills they need to successfully practice as acute care pharmacists, adjunct faculty members and/or be prepared to pursue and complete PGY-2 residency training.
We emphasize clinical judgment, care plan development, knowledge of drug information resources, teaching skills and the ability to function as a part of a health care team.
While they develop these skills, our residents are expected to become increasingly knowledgeable and self-confident as they progress from a learning experience to becoming independent pharmacists capable of sharing their skills with others.
- Acute Care
- Infectious Disease
- Critical Care
- Pharmacy Management, Director of Pharmacy (6 weeks)
- Pharmacy Management, Clinical Coordinator (5 weeks)
- Staffing component: Every other weekend
- Residency project
- Universityof New England teaching certificate
- Information Technology (2 weeks)
- Pediatrics (2 weeks)
- Kelly Athearn, Pharm.D
- Theresa Bonsey, RPh, MPH, BCPS
- Rachael Elias, Pharm.D
- Corey Elias, Pharm.D
- Christopher Gauthier, RPH
- Andrea Gimpel-Blanchard, Pharm.D
- Mary Mohammed, Pharm.D
- Ellie Provisor, Pharm.D