High-risk drinking refers to underage drinking and to "binge" drinking.
Preventing high-risk drinking reduces the negative consequences of drinking, such as motor vehicle accidents, violence and unwanted or unprotected sex.
Preventing high-risk drinking saves lives.
How much is too much?
"Binge drinking" is defined as having five or more drinks in a sitting for men and four or more for women.
- Youth Matter!
- Northern Kennebec Underage Drinking Task Force
- Responsible Beverage Server Trainings: For information, please call Sharon Pree at (207) 872-4127.
- Worksites: For information and technical assistance on substance abuse prevention in the workplace, please call Sharon Pree at (207) 872-4127.
- Outreach: For resources for parents, schools colleges and community members, please call Sharon Pree at (207) 872-4127.
- To reduce high-risk drinking among youth and young adults in Kennebec County.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact: