MaineGeneral Medical Center's Joint Replacement Program is staffed by a comprehensive team of medical professionals.
This team is dedicated to providing patients with expert surgical, post-surgical and rehabilitative care as well as care management services.
In addition to your coach - a family member or friend who will accompany you to appointments and support you throughout your surgery and recovery - your team will consist of:
- Board-certified orthopaedic surgeons
- Orthopaedic medical assistants
- An orthopaedic nurse coordinator to guide you and your family through the whole process from preoperative sessions through recovery
- Physical therapists to teach you how to get around safely after your surgery and increase your motion and strength
- Occupational therapists to teach you safe ways to dress and perform everyday activities
- Nurses with special training in caring for patients having joint replacement surgery
- Care managers (social workers and nurses) to help ensure you have the support and equipment you need when you return home
For more information about MaineGeneral's Joint Replacement Program, please call (207) 626-1632.