MaineGeneral's highly skilled gynecologic surgeons can help ease women's concerns about hysterectomies and get them back to their regular lives with only minimal interruption.
We offer a range of minimally invasive hysterectomies including:
With MaineGeneral's robotic system, our surgeons can perform minimally invasive procedures on women with the most complex pathology, including women with:
- Multiple C-sections and other abdominal surgeries
- Large fibroids
- High BMI (body mass index) including morbid obesity
- Severe endometriosis
- Severe genital organ prolapse
- Multiple myomas in women who want to preserve their fertility.
MaineGeneral is one of only three medical centers in Maine that offers this robotic system. It involves tiny incisions and instrument precision. The benefits for women include:
- Less blood loss and tissue damage
- Reduced OR and anesthesia time
- One night hospital stay
- Significantly less post-op pain
- Typically, a return to work after just one week
Speak with your gynecologist or primary care provider about which surgical option may be right for you and your individual needs.