The medical team at the Physical Rehabilitation Unit at MaineGeneral Medical Center's Alfond Center for Health in Augusta, tracks patient outcomes and offers an intensive approach to rehabilitation.
Our outcomes rival regional and national outcomes and we believe our approach to rehabilitation makes a significant and lasting difference in the long-term success of each patient's goals.
Dr. Roberto Lorenzo, a special rehabilitation doctor known as a physiatrist, is in charge of each patient's care and a team of professionals provides other services depending on each patient's individualized rehab program.
The team may include:
- An audiologist for helping with hearing problems
- A case manager responsible for getting patient's services during and after their hospital stay
- Physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Rehabilitation technicians
- Respiratory therapists
- A dietitian
For more information, please call:
- Nursing Station: (207) 248-0000
- Referrals: (207) 248-0027