If you answer "yes" to any of the following questions, you should consider having your hearing tested.
- Do you answer questions incorrectly because you misunderstand what people say?
- Do people seem to mumble or slur their words?
- Do you have trouble hearing conversations when there is background noise, such as in a restaurant?
- Do you have difficulty understanding the TV or radio and must turn the volume up?
- Do certain sounds seem overly loud or annoying?
The following signs can indicate a hearing problem in children:
- Delay in starting to speak or problems with pronunciation
- Frequent or recurring ear infections
- Asking for the volume to be turned up or sitting very close to the TV
- Difficulties in school