The Vascular Laboratory at MaineGeneral Medical Center's Thayer Center for Health is dedicated to diagnosing problems and studying the flow of blood in the body through the veins and arteries.
Our lab is accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL) and we follow an international set of standards for testing and deliver high-quality diagnostic testing using state-of-the-art equipment.
This voluntary accreditation, which we have received since 1994, recognizes our commitment to providing a high level of patient care and quality testing for the diagnosis of vascular disease.
All members of our technical staff have earned the Registered Vascular Technologist credential from the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
We use ultrasound and other non-invasive testing technology to:
- Detect problems with blood flow to the brain through the carotid arteries
- Diagnose blockages and other problems with blood flow to the arms and legs, including peripheral artery disease (PVD)
- Detect blood clots in veins or deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Diagnose abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Detect problems with blood flow to kidneys or liver
Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Emergency studies are available on weekends and holidays.
MaineGeneral Medical Center
Thayer Center for Health
149 North Street
Waterville, ME 04901
Phone: (207) 872-1382
All studies are by physician referral. Your physician's office can schedule a study by calling (207) 872-1382.