The Horizon Program provides quality, compassionate and comprehensive medical and social services to all identified HIV-positive individuals in central and mid-coast Maine.
With offices in Gardiner and Augusta, we offer:
- A clinic for medical care and interaction with health care professionals
- Case Management for those living with HIV/AIDS
- Educational programs and community outreach
- Counseling and support for people infected and affected by HIV/AIDS
MaineGeneral was funded by the Ryan White Title III EIS Program in 2003 to enhance care for those with HIV.
Funding also was intended to increase access to and quality of care for those living with HIV/AIDS.
In September 2005, MaineGeneral received a Title III Capacity Building Grant to:
- Improve its electronic medical record (EMR) system
- Establish a Peer Advocate and Peer Educator Program to help people feel connected with others
- Provide startup funding for a monthly HIV clinic
In 2007, the Ryan White Title II and Title III programs were renamed Part B and Part C, respectively, and the Horizon Program began administering both parts.
Community support is vital to our our ability to provide needed services.
We need committed volunteers to help us in the office and out in the community.
Opportunties include office support, fund raising, peer education, client buddying and condom distribution.
Our program is supported by MaineGeneral, federal grants, the Maine Department of Health and Human Services, the United Way and donations from individuals.
All gifts made to our program are tax-deductible.