Who is most likely to get diabetes?
- People who are overweight
- People with a family history of diabetes
- People who are 40 years of age or older
- African Americans
- Native Americans
What are the warning signs?
- Frequent urination including bed wetting in children who have been toilet trained
- Excessive thirst or hunger
- Sudden weight loss
- Weakness and fatigue
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blurred vision or change in sight
- Tingling or numbness in legs, feet or fingers
- Slow healing of cuts (especially on the feet)
- Frequent skin infections or itching