As the largest private employer in the Kennebec Valley region, MaineGeneral Health is a comprehensive non-profit system that includes:
- A new, state-of-the-art 192 bed medical center, the Alfond Center for Health in Augusta
- The Thayer Center for Health in Waterville, one of the largest outpatient care centers in the state, including a 24-hour emergency department
- A state-of-the-art regional outpatient cancer treatment center, the Harold Alfond Center for Cancer Care, in Augusta
- Physician practices
- Nursing homes
- Specialized rehabilitation, mental health and substance abuse services
- Home health care and hospice services
- Special care for patients with memory loss
- Community outreach programs
- Retirement living options
MaineGeneral also keenly focuses on preventive health and supports many ongoing programs throughout our communities.
The 250+ physicians on our active medical staff come from some of the country's finest medical schools and training programs and provide an array of specialty services from anesthesiology to urology.
We serve patients from 88 cities and towns throughout the Kennebec Valley region, providing them with the broad spectrum of services they need for every phase of their lives.
Our physician practices include primary care and specialty practices.
We also hold specialty clinics to give area residents access to regularly scheduled specialists not based in this region.
Our family medicine residency trains new primary care physicians who see patients in the medical center and at practice sites in Augusta and Fairfield.
At the Jackman Region Health Center in northern Somerset County, we have a physician office practice and an 18-bed nursing home.