Before your actual surgery, a pre-op appointment or phone call assessment will be scheduled to review the surgery process and any concerns you might have.
Expect to stay up to two hours for this appointment.
Phone call assessments may take up to 30 minutes.
Please bring all of your medications (including vitamins and herbal supplements) in their actual containers, to your pre-op appointment.
You are permitted to eat and drink the day of this visit.
- You may be scheduled to visit the hospital before your surgery date for pre-operative testing such as blood tests, X-rays, or an EKG.
Please make sure you complete all requested tests beforehand or your surgery may be delayed or cancelled.
- Speak with Patient Registration when they call to gather registration information.
- In some instances, your surgeon will request that you meet with an anesthesiologist before your surgery. You will be contacted to schedule that appointment.
- If you smoke, reduce or stop smoking one week before surgery.
- Arrange for someone to take care of your children, pets and other home obligations.
- Arrange for someone to take you home and to stay with you overnight the day of your discharge.
- Call your surgeon if you develop a cold, fever or change in health before your surgery.
- Pack your suitcase, being sure to pack only what you need and leaving valuables at home.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery unless you receive specific instructions from the anesthesiologist or nurse. This includes water, coffee, tea, candy and gum.
You may take regular medications with a sip of water unless instructed not to by the anesthesiologist or nurse.
Failing to follow this specific guideline may cause your surgery to be canceled.
- A responsible adult must be available to drive you home and stay with you overnight after anesthesia or sedation.
Please make your arrangements ahead of time; we will confirm these arrangements with you before your surgery.
HomeCare services are available for those who may need help at home after surgery.
Speak with your physician prior to surgery to coordinate these services or call our HomeCare office toll-free (800) 670-6959.
If you become ill or need to postpone your surgery for any reason, please call your doctor and the hospital staff as soon as possible.